Injured in a Truck Accident?
Call a Middlesex County Injury Lawyer Today
New Jersey is home to some of the busiest and most densely packed highways in the world. With all the agricultural and industrial activity, our roads are full of commercial trucks of all types. This high volume means that trucks frequently cause car accidents in New Jersey. Trucking companies have teams of their own expert attorneys and investigators working hard to avoid liability. You need a strong advocate on your side who can protect your interests. A Middlesex county injury lawyer from the Spevack Law Firm knows the complexities of litigating truck accident cases. We are familiar with the many different causes of truck accidents and are prepared to fight for your rights.
Some types of commercial trucking vehicles often involved in accidents are:
- Eighteen Wheelers – large semis with a unique five axle wheel configuration, these massive vehicles can be 70 to 80 feet long and can weigh as much as 40 tons
- Flatbed Trucks – flat bed with no side paneling or roof on the cargo area
- Dump Truck – often employed by construction companies to carry loose materials
- Tanker Trucks – specially modified to carry liquid loads, these trucks are long and haul enclosed tanks
- Garbage Trucks – frequently spotted performing trash collection in urban and suburban areas
- Panel Trucks – often used as delivery vehicles for small goods, these are cargo vans built onto a truck chassis
These commercial trucks are incredibly heavy. They can weigh up to 80,000 pounds, more than 26 times the weight of the average passenger automobile. When one of these heavy commercial vehicles collides with an ordinary car, the impact can cause catastrophic damage to the smaller, lighter vehicle and can also seriously injure or even kill the driver of the car. In these cases, it takes an experienced Middlesex county injury lawyer to analyze the complex human factors and engineering principles behind the accident and determine the best way to hold negligent and reckless truck drivers responsible and restore a portion of what our clients have lost.
For over 70 years, the Spevack Law Firm has successfully litigated personal injury and wrongful death claims, and we can help you. If you were involved in an accident involving a commercial truck or other oversized vehicle, you should contact a qualified and experienced Middlesex County injury attorney at the Spevack Law Firm today. If you wish to speak to one of our New Jersey personal injury attorneys, please call (732) 636-3030.